Upon arrival found a 22 Y/O female unresponsive lying on the floor of her bedroom with her father performing CPR on her.
He states that he last saw her alive a hour ago and then found her on the floor unconscious before calling 911.
He states she has a history of heroin abuse and there is a used needle sitting next to her.
She is unresponsive, with no palpable pulse, and she is apneic.
52,404 Americans died of overdoses in American last year. Some died in their homes and were found by family, others were found by strangers in places like public restrooms, parked cars and motels that rent by the hour. We in EMS bear witness.
143 more Americans will die this way tomorrow.