In any walk of life, it seems to me that there is a bit of a difference between bad management and good leadership.
All the difference in the world in fact.
So here’s a (by no means exhaustive) list of the sorts of things that might just be evident wherever bad management is to be found:
- People who don’t love people.
- People who regard people as no more than units of production.
- People who care more for their own advancement than they do for anything else.
- People who move goalposts repeatedly and without apparent reason.
- People who appear unable to distinguish between the important and the urgent.
- People for whom everything is a priority.
- People who seem fixated with hitting the target, but who end up missing the point.
- People who don’t listen.
- Or who listen, but don’t hear.
- Or hear, but don’t do anything about what’s been said.
- People who would rather blame than learn.
- People who will (in a shouty voice) tell you that their way is the only way.
- People who surround themselves only with those who share their view of the...
This police blog continues, Read More...