Again it has been a while since I last posted, I got absorbed into my work and the stress of working excessive hours without breaks and insufficient amounts of rest days.
I have came up with an idea and hopefully with Police readers & bloggers contributions, this could move this topic forward and generate some ideas on the improvements we would make if we were in charge. I am talking about serious ideas, which could be achieved. Although I will accept submissions which may require SMT’s to grow a back bone and tell people NO!
I will start with a few suggestions:
1) Police forces not to attend Domestic incidents whereby it is a verbal argument only, if attendance is required as it is suggested that there is a potential breach of the peace is occuring, then the officers should not have to fill in a pointlessly long Domestic booklet.
2) Not attending reports of facebook Â ”harassment” or “threats” unless the person reporting the incident can show that they are at the necessary age to use facebook (16?), they have taken reasonable measures to prevent the unwanted contact i.e blocking the other party and have also deleted any third parties that appear to be inflaming the situation
3) Not attending reports of anti social behaviour, whereby it is kids being kids, i.e playing football on communal land.
4) Advising people over the telephone, “Sorry, this is not a Police matter” and sticking by your guns, rather than sending a PCSO or leaving the incident open for a supervisor to suggest a long list of “ifs, buts and maybes”
5) Rewrite NCRS to say ” A crime will be recorded if there is credible evidence to suggest a crime has occurred” not “A crime will be recorded on the balance of probabilities that a crime has occurred”
I will leave it at five, I will monitor the comments section and submit some of the suggestions as this topic progresses.
PS one more suggestion, make TOM WINDSOR work the beat for a year before making terrible reform suggestions!