- £7.2 million lost, with airline tickets, online accommodation and timeshares targeted
- ABTA, the City of London Police and Get Safe Online are once again joining forces to warn the public about the dangers posed by holiday booking fraud.
- Number of reported cases has risen almost 20% year on year from 4,910 to 5,826.
- The three campaign partners believe that these figures are only the tip of the iceberg with many victims not reporting the fact that they have been defrauded.
- Findings from a new report reveal the scale of reported crime and expose common tactics used by fraudsters
The average amount lost per person to holiday fraud last year was approximately £1,200, but losses are not just financial; they can also have an impact on health. Over a quarter (26%) of victims say that the fraud had also had a significant impact on their health or financial well-being. Most worryingly of all, 259 people said the impact on them was severe, meaning that they had to receive medical treatment or were at...
Continues, Read More...